Baby Boy

Handwriting



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Overdue


Well, here I am, on my first day of being overdue. Never did I dream that I would make it to September 16th with no baby in my arms, yet here I am with the biggest belly I could ever imagine having, still pregnant. 

Some things I have learned: 

1. Induction DOES NOT work! There is absolutely nothing that will get a baby that isn't ready out. When you're this pregnant you get a lot of suggestions, and I'll be polite and tell you that I have/will try it, but IT DOES NOT WORK! Maybe your sister's aunt twice removed swears something totally worked for her, but that is called a coincidence, not a successful induction! ok... :)

2. Patience. While I have had my share of break downs and 'I can't do this anymore!'s, I have been able to find an inner patience that has kept me sane these past few weeks.  I have also learned that even thought I think this baby will come out being my little baby doll that I get to dress up, take care of and mold into the perfect child, it is completely false. He has a mind of his own and will have to make choices that I can only influence, not compel him to do or be anything he doesn't will for himself. 

And 3. Lucky for me, today is Sunday, so I am reminded of a famous quote spoken by the late Joseph B. Wirthlin: "Come What May and Love It."  I have loved carrying this child of mine for the past 9 months. It has been an adventure I'd always dreamed of. If I get the pleasure of doing it a few extra days (or even weeks) why should I feel sorry for myself?? He is a miracle and will be here before I know.

All trials are easier in hindsight. I am definitely looking forward to this one being behind me, but I just need to love it, because God's greatest miracle is happening within me. Who am I to rush it along?


3 comments:

  1. Love you sis ! Can't wait to meet the little luug !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha, I always think it is so funny how people think certain things help labor come. Everyone is different! But it's good you have a good attitude about being overdue.

    I remember right after I had my baby I felt SO skinny. It was weird. And I loved it. But now I miss being pregnant.

    Hope your baby comes soon! I will send good thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know he'll be here by the end of the month. Enjoy your last few days as just the two of you & get plenty of rest while you can. --Dona Lusa XO

    ReplyDelete